The complex is rich with history hosting three 1,000 ton silos designed by Sir John Monash, and when commissioned in 1906 were the largest vertical concrete grain storage in Australia.
These silos could still be used today being filled by existing elevator system or with an auger. The silos sit in the middle of a, approx 5.8 hectare block in the town ship of Rupanyup. The silo site is fully security fenced, and has a fully graveled yard and has three phase power connected.
Sitting next to the silos is the four storey "mill". With its history and a little imagination it lends its self to many opportunities, one of which was mooted, a brewery, which would compliment Rupanyups grain growing area and would also show off the massive timber structure made of centuries old timber.
Alongside this is a large near new 36X18X6 hay or machinery shed. Also in the security fenced area is a twenty ton weigh bridge and office complex with water, power and sewerage connected. Cement slabs for approximately eight grain silos three phase power at the edge of pads. There are also two 28,000 ltr water tanks connected to the shed.
On the West side is approx two hectare of land, on its own separate title, and has preliminary plans for 6-10 house subdivision blocks.
On the East side is a lovely bush timbered blocked which lends its self to running a few stock.
the sale of this land lends its self to a variety of possibilities, whether it be used for grain, hay and machinery storage or a deport for an out of town user.
The development of a commercial enterprise using the history and priceless timber in the existing structure as a draw card. Or the further development of the house blocks on either side of the Mill complex.